Our Lions Major Project for 2019
Look for #RoaryWH
On the Road - In the News - On Social Media
A fond farewell to our old bus. 10 years of faithul service to the Wheelers Hill Community.
Over the past 10 years the total donations made to various Local, National & International Disaster Relief Appeals total over $72,000.
One of our largest initiatives was the Lions Eye Health Program - Community Presentations.
- This program took a while to develop with presentations to the selected community groups starting in March 2005. These presentations over a number of years were made to a wide variety of organisations including other Lions Clubs, Rotary & Probus Clubs, Church groups etc. Some assistance was provided by local eye-care specialists. This was very successful Club project led admirably by Roger Budd & our efforts were duly acknowledged by District & Multiple District. We made presentations using approx. 9 presenters and we went to around 80 different groups and a total audience of in excess of 3,000 over an almost 3 year period.
Also important to the club is the The East Timor Project.
- We committed to cover the cost of education and school renovations & repairs in Vivueque. We pledged a total cost of $7,500 over 3 years for this total project.
We have and continue to carry out numerous garden clean-ups at a number of local organisations.
- Especially Glernallen School where we normally attend at least twice a year.
- Another large effort was achieved to assist Best Chance Organisation in 2005-06.
- Regular residential garden clean-ups for those in need has also been a regular facit in club activities over the years.
Lions is a community service organisation! People join Lions because they want to user their intellect, creativity, commitment and enthusiasm to get things done. This is where you can find out about the sorts of projects that your local Lions Club is doing. Like what you see? Get involved!